iExplorer can be installed on a Windows PC or Mac just like any other desktop application by opening the install file and following the instructions in the installation window. For step-by-step instructions, you can view our tutorial on How to Install iExplorer.
To find out our minimum system requirements for installing and using iExplorer, you can go to our article for What are the System Requirements?. For iExplorer 4, you need Windows 7 or later or Mac OS 10.9 or later.
You don't need to install anything on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod in order to use iExplorer. You only need to install iExplorer on your computer, and your iDevice just needs to connect in iTunes with its USB cable. This can be confusing for some users who think you must install iExplorer on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, but nothing needs to be installed on your iDevice. The iTunes connection is all you need. Due to the rules of the App Store, there isn't an app in the App Store for iOS or Mac OS that can do what iExplorer desktop can do. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod is not appearing in iExplorer, you should view our article for My device isn't appearing in iExplorer even though it's plugged in.
- Why is my registation code invalid? It won't unlock the full version of iExplorer 4
- Transfer iPhone text messages to computer
- My device isn't appearing in iExplorer even though it's plugged in
- Tranfer music & playlists from an iPhone, iPod or iPad
- How is iExplorer different than iTunes?
- Is iExplorer safe to use?
- Transfer iPhone voicemails to computer
- Why is my backup data not loading?