The Backup section of iExplorer is displaying the data within an iTunes backup on your computer. When you choose to Load Backup Data or Create Backup or Update Backup or Back Up Now, iExplorer creates a new iTunes backup for you. The article below explains how to avoid having this data overwritten by a new iTunes backup:
How to keep a safe backup with iExplorer
All other sections of iExplorer such as Media, Apps, Photos, Media Library, Books, and Root (with Jailbreak) are a direct connection to your iPhone or iPad and read the data directly from it without requiring an iTunes backup.
- Why is my registation code invalid? It won't unlock the full version of iExplorer 4
- Transfer iPhone text messages to computer
- My device isn't appearing in iExplorer even though it's plugged in
- Tranfer music & playlists from an iPhone, iPod or iPad
- How is iExplorer different than iTunes?
- Is iExplorer safe to use?
- Transfer iPhone voicemails to computer
- Why is my backup data not loading?